Cascade Sled Dog Club's Annual Frog Lake Race
Race Dates: February 27th & 28th, 2016
Update 2/24/16: This race has been CANCELLED/downgraded to a Fun Run Saturday only due to trail condition concerns. However, we will still offer Pee Wee on Saturday only, approximately 10:30am. The Pee Wee class is now FULL.
Bring the whole family! Spectating is free but vehicles must display a Sno-park permit, available at many gas stations and stores along the way to Mt. Hood.
The first race of the day begins approximately 9:00am. The last racers finish approximately 2:00pm. Times can vary depending on number of teams entered.
Saturday only (after all other race classes have finished): A Pee-Wee race is offered for any child age 4 or older (Now Full)
Watch teams of sled dogs and their drivers navigate a snow-filled course as they compete for best overall two-day time.
How does it work? There are several classes of competitors:
Dog sled teams consisting of 6, 4 or fewer dogs. They run 6, 4, and 2 mile courses, respectively. There's a longer course of 14 miles run by 6 dog teams and there's also a Junior class with young mushers of the future driving their teams to success.
And it's always exciting to watch the Skijorers. Pro and recreational level skiers are pulled by 1 or 2 dogs.
Do you wish to enter to compete in this race? Visit our entry page for additional information and the required entry form.
- Please leave your pet dogs at home
- Park along the edges of the sno park lot to leave room for the mushers and their vehicles in the center
- Stay behind the starting chute, and on the edges of the main trails
- Please do not interfere with racing teams
- Ask a musher before approaching or petting their dogs
- Do not feed or give treats to racing dogs
- Ask lots of questions! Mushers love to talk about this sport and their dogs!
- Check out this great article about spectating at a dog sled race!
Do you own a business and wish to sponsor this race, advertise, or provide a service? Contact us.